I think that every classic American home must include a fireplace. It’s what can bring a family together. Fireplaces can have many different functions for your home. Here are 5:
- First of all (and most obviously) heat and light. I can’t tell you how many times we have had power outages in my home but I know that every time we did, we would always use the fireplace. It was a lot easier to light the fireplace then 100 candles.
- S’mores. Yup. That is reason number 2 on my list. (Again, sticking with the American theme here.) A fireplace is the perfect place to make them besides a campfire in the middle of the woods.
- Romance. It’s so romantic to sit in your living room and just talk or watch a movie with the fire going.
- Home decoration. Look at this picture with the beautiful stones around the fireplace. How beautiful is that? We should all be so lucky to one day get a fireplace like this.
5. Elegance. I think that a fireplace adds a lot of elegance to a home. It’s beautiful all on it’s own.
I’m really interested in some of your opinions of fireplaces. What are the most beautiful fireplaces you’ve seen? Where are they? Are they in your living room/bedroom? If so, just know that I am extremely envious.